Hi,

as per https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1227202 we are
somewhat in a mix as to where the bug is with the new rc kernel reports
back that all is well in the world.

For beta testing, please be aware of it and the work-around although my
attempt with 512Mb in VM did work with the 3.11.8 kernel.

For those running saucy as a day to day system, please do grab the new
kernel and let it play as it should. It does not report back the error as
seen on
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2162655&p=12735571#post12735571
on my system.

It never rains, but it pours! At this point, I have no idea if kernel team
are going to try and cherry pick, or really take a leap into the dark and
grab the 3.12 kernel[1]. I know that all of this makes it a bit of a
nightmare to do testing. check the ISO's get the little green ticks put in,
and when you have spare time, try out the 3.12 kernel. Using the 3.12
kernel for several days with no crashing would be helpful for us and a
nightmare for everyone else :)

Regards,

Phill.

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1227202/comments/12