Hi,

Using Lubuntu 13.10.  Latest Flash plugin from repositories.

I have an Intel Video Chip integrated on my motherboard. It's
problematic and there are web pages devoted on how to make it work in
Linux. It works OK with Lubuntu except for playing flash on youtube. For
example, when trying to play youtube the video appears only green and
purple and compressed into a small box. This is a know bug and a "fix"
is to change the newer default acceleration method from SNA to the older
UXA, then everthing works OK.

The only way I know to do this is to generate an xorg.conf file, copy it
to /etc/X11 and uncomment the Accelmethod line and edit it to "uxa",
then reboot. I did this in Xubuntu previously and it worked. But I
cannot get it to work in Lubuntu 13.10. I turn off X  and do # X
-Confugre to make an xorg.conf file and do as cited above, put it in
/etc/X11. But I either get a desktop with a very low resolution that
can't be reset to higher normal user resolution or Lubuntu will not boot
past the splash screen.

So the fix that I see on many website for this is not working - an
xorg.conf file to fix is not working. I know xorg.conf is not used
anymore but I don't know any other way to fix it permanently.

Any help appreciated.

Lee G.

                          or over the web