Thanks for taking time to improve Lubuntu.
It would be helpful if you described in detail what you mean by "sound
event excellent". Are there certain types of sounds you miss from Win98?
Are you interested in improving this (recording specific sounds to be
used) and helping get them integrated into Lubuntu/LXDE, or are you
simply displeased with the default sounds?
I generally disable sound events on my computer, but it seems as though
the Lubuntu sounds are from Gnome (not sure if libcanberra dependencies
still exist), though I could easily be mistaken here.
You can easily turn off the sounds from the lxappearance app "Customize
Look and Feel" The 'Other' tab will let you turn off the sounds.

--
Regards