Congratulations on trying to convert the neighborhood over to Linux. Thumbs
up!

The two that I know of are Banshee (excellent GUI) and Amarok. I've
personally used Banshee, and its integration with iPods and Apple products
are pretty seamless. There was an issue back in 2007 when the iPod media
list hashing algorithm changed and the list would wipe out if incorrect.
That was fixed a couple of months after.

Banshee works well, amarok also works well but Banshee is more visually
appealing.