If it works in Ubuntu it will work in Lubuntu, it seem one of two things
is happening.
1. you have some things installed in Unity, that you don't in your
Lubuntu install (assuming they are on different machines/partitions)
2. it is configured differently in the Lubuntu session, or there is
something circumventing the current setup (assuming they are different
sessions)

So, first things first, we need to know a bit more about your current setup.
What version of Lubuntu are you currently using?
Do you have Ubuntu and Lubuntu installed on the same machine?  Are they
in different partitions (do you choose from the boot-up GRUB menu to
choose between Lubuntu and Ubuntu)?

So... do you have bluez installed (I assume you do)?  If so you might
check to make sure you have installed some of the other packages as
well.  You may need the gnome support for bluetooth installed to get it
to work, as well...

So give us a bit more info on your current setup, and that will help us
to help you figure out your issue.
I don't have bluetooth devices, so I can't test it myself, though
someone else might have encountered this specific issue before.

--
Regards