Hi Israel,

The USB bootloader is meant to work like your second alternative, to
help booting from a USB device, that will not boot from the computer's
own boot menu.

But of course, if it is installed into an internal or eSATA drive, it
will help booting, but that is better catered for with the '40_custom'
method described in the following link

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick#Chainloading

The USB chainloader will not do the same thing as Plop, so it will be a
complement, not a replacement.

Best regards
Nio