2014-02-04 03:43, Tong Sun skrev:
> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>
>> In the past few releases, the GTK version of USB Creator has failed for me
>> as well.  I would hope they would have fixed it by now, but apparently not.
>
> Glad to know that it is not only me.
>
>> I have been using the KDE (kubuntu) version of USB creator, and it seems I
>> had to do that with 13.10 as well.
>
> I tried to install usb-creator-kde, but gave it up because I need to
> pull in over 150 packages just for it.
>
>> I know I found something that worked (probably the KDE version), because I
>> have a working Lubuntu 13.10 bootable USB with a persistence file.
>
> Could you do me a favor and document how your USB boots please?
>
> Please after it is mounted, say under /mnt/usb/, do
>
>   find /mnt/usb/ -ls
>
> post back the output (less your personal files), and post its boot
> configuration file. Please.
>
> Thanks a bunch!

Hi again Tong Sun,

1. See this Launchpad bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator/+bug/915626

I have managed to use usb-creator-gtk in Lubuntu 13.10 after the release
of the corresponding bug-fix, which is described in the last few
comments. usb-creator-gtk works in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS too.

2. Unetbootin also works for me in 12.04 LTS and 13.10.

3. I don't understand what is happening for you. Which version are you
running? Maybe there is some other problem than the tool to make
persistent live USB drives.

Please have a look at the following Ubuntu wiki page

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

4. You can also search for posts by C.S.Cameron at the Ubuntu Forums. He
has made good instructions how to create persistence in live USB system,
for example this post

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2200273&p=12904121#post12904121

-o-

By the way, I am not particularly fond of persistent live systems. I
prefer either live systems without persistence or complete installed
systems (and I mean systems installed to USB pendrives or hard disk
drives). I make my live systems with mkusb (using dd behind the curtain)
according to

Best regards
Nio