On 04/15/2014 12:53 PM, Norbert Holze wrote:
Am 15.04.2014 20:40, schrieb brendanperr...@gmail.com:
I wonder did you remove them in panel setting or try to add those back
by right clicking on the panel and going to panel settings?

Worst case scenario is you can use network settings through the menu
prefrences network connections.

I tried it but without success. I also tried the live cd (latest daily)
and there is also the same problem now (no nw-indicator-applet and no
indicator messages).

Regards,

Norbert

Norbert, and All:

In the Lubuntu 14.04 installations I did last week (both of them), I made use of the network connection applet (in the task-bar, toward the right).

I am certain they worked for me at that time. I click on it to monitor (in the "Connection Properties: wlan0" dialog) how much data total has been downloaded, and also to roughly see how fast it is coming in.

Since I installed from the Live CD, I had access to this information, and made use of it. But I had to add it to my task-bar first, before doing the install.

So apparently, something has changed since then so that it no longer works.

--
Sincerely,
Aere