On 05/01/2014 07:44 PM, fari...@arcor.de wrote:
> I figured it out how to make work the setup correctly: I got the kernel
> 3.2.-04 from debian wheezy and, voilĂ , sound and even correct sleep mode
> (standby, suspend, you name it) is there. Till now, i did not notice any
> problem. (inxi shows the correct sound card:MacSoundSnapper).
>
> May be, i should pin the kernel to avoid an unvoluntary upgrade (?) In
> any case, i notice that yaboot seems to store the latest *INSTALLED*
> kernel as actual, not the newest (3.2 became default, 3.13 became old).
> It's a long time i did not fiddle anymore with yaboot ;)
>
> I still have to cofigure the keyboard (3rd level) correctly.
>
> @Israel
> Now, i'll try jwm. At a first glance it's really extremely speedy and i
> thought it might be possible to simply substitute openbox by jwm as the
> lxde window manager (in desktop.conf). Apparently that works. One point
> i've difficulties with is the font setting. May be you can pass me a tip
> how to get smaller fontsize in the menu, the systray and the window
> titels. I tried with xfontsel but frankly to no extent - whatever i
> chose. Fore sure, i'm missing there something ...
>
> As a filemanager personally i'd stick with pcmanfm, also because i'm not
> so interested in an icon "ornated" desktop (i'm rather used to use it as
> a background for conky :D ).
>
> Cheers.

Hi,
This page will be your friend for tweaking JWM
http://www.joewing.net/projects/jwm/config.shtml
:D
Here is the specific link for fonts.
http://www.joewing.net/projects/jwm/fonts.shtml

You can configure just about everything.
There are some apps you might want to install.
I am not entirely sure which ones integrate into the panel very well.
I know I have used wicd for the network before (on Debian)
I think I used volumeicon-alsa  for the volume control.
You can set up multiple menus and multiple panels, and make them any
color, as well as tweak everything else.  It is extremely fast and
light, but not extremely beautiful, and is very minimal... but it isn't
terribly hard to configure.  since you are doing it by hand make sure
you check it before you reload it.
jwm -p
You can also separate things into other files, and include them into the
panel (they don't have to be named with the .xml extension

i.e
<Include>panel.xml</Include>
<Include>window.xml</Include>

It is pretty fun to do!