On 05/03/2014 02:54 AM, fari...@arcor.de wrote:
> I do not understand why there aren't in the ppc installation iso
> inserted by default the broadcom related firmware installation files.
> They are in the ressources, but if you do not have hardwired wan access
> nearly no chance to get there.
>
> Cheers.

Hi,
I think it has to do with the proprietary nature of the files.
Ubuntu by default tends to avoid installing anything that isn't free.
Such as Flash, or Microsoft TTF files.  Even mp3 isn't installed by
default.  DVD playback is also in the same boat, as libdvdcss is said to
be possibly illegal.
I am not 100% sure about this answer, so maybe someone who knows this
issue better can respond here.

--
Regards