> On 05/03/2014 02:54 AM, fari...@arcor.de wrote:
> > I do not understand why there aren't in the ppc installation iso
> > inserted by default the broadcom related firmware installation files.
> > They are in the ressources, but if you do not have hardwired wan access
> > nearly no chance to get there.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> Hi,
> I think it has to do with the proprietary nature of the files.

@the Lu list:
Just to note that this wifi issue showed up in the Apple Users forum today,
where a gent was complaining about a "broken ethernet port" and asking how
he could get his PB set up with Lubuntu . . . .  I posted farinets comments
there along with some other comments . . . .

> > "but rather it is the slowness of xorg. Window dragging seems to be
> > slow, and doesn't follow the mouse movement, but seems to be
> > independent of it. And also scrolling in firefox, e.g., in a long
> > forum thread, is sluggish . . . .  Doesn't seem to be tailored to PPC
> > users?"  F/e.e.p.
>

> Hi,
> The sound is a known issue inherited from Debian, please mark this bug
> as affecting you!
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hw-detect/+bug/1296373
> There are currently not very pretty workarounds for this issue.
>
> I found that installing xcompmgr helped make my iBook seem to display
> things better, so you can try that and see if it helps.

@Israel:

Thanks for the reply to my post, just wanted to reiterate that, although I
did post a comment on the sound lp bug report, that isn't a "show-stopper"
for my personal use; but, the dragging of windows that doesn't follow the
mouse movement . . . is . . . that would be enough to get me to delay
installing, same thing with slow scrolling in a browser . . . .
Thanks for the thoughts on "xcompmgr" . . . I don't think I'd want to
recompile the kernel to fix the sound problem, but if "xcompmgr" would fix
the erratic window dragging phenomenon, then I might try out 14.04 on the
iBook . . . right now it seems to exceed my skill level to work with it as
a base system . . . .

F/e.e.p.