On 05/10/2014 10:49 AM, brendanperrine wrote:
I wonder if there could be a hard workaround using the openbox per application
settings to change the suggested size for the application to make it fit.
Brendanperrine:

If there is such a thing, I can't think of any way it would be communicated to the application, and if it were, making the screen dimensions smaller than what is required to hold all of the components could also have bad consequences.

When using a layout manager (as most applications probably do), individual panes/sub-panes of a window are populated with their components until there is no more room. When the available space is exhausted, the remaining components are still linked to their panes, but they are not visible (and therefore can't be used). If you resize the window to make it larger, such 'invisible' components become visible again.

Since "OK" buttons tend to be at the bottom of a window, and to the right, if there isn't enough space for one of the buttons, the "OK" button could very well be the one that becomes invisible, so you still have the problem.

By sticking to the minimum screen dimensions, at least you can Alt-Click-Drag the window to expose the needed controls (buttons).

--
Sincerely,
Aere