Am 25.05.2014 06:57, schrieb lubuntu-users-requ...@lists.ubuntu.com:
Hi,
You might need snd-aoa-codec-onyx
This is an issue I am still trying to fully understand myself.
There are some models that wont work at all, without hacking things...
but since yours works, then you must be very close to getting it fully
fixed!
Not sure why using snd-powermac will make it work.  That actually
shouldn't happen:)

Thanks for the pointer, i'll try that out as soon as possible.

What i've forgotten to say in my previous msg

        kernel 3.13 still does not produce sound. Booting into this
        kernel still produces:

"no audio card found".

I'll report back the effect of snd-aoa-codec-onyx (and eventually *-toonie) as well.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts!