Hi you all!

Is there out there someone, who could guide me - or point me to a good instruction - how to configure the (my - GERMAN!) powerbook keyboard, to have access to the 3rd level chars (like square- and programmer brackets, at-sign, Euro sign etc. pp.).

I already tried 'dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration' but to no extent.

From former - partly successful - attempts i'm aware of several problems i'd well like to avoid:

If the <ALT> key is configured to acess that 3rd level signs, i always lost *ALL* other shortcuts relaying on <ALT> - like <ALT><F1> thru <ALT><F7> for console access and back as well as <AlT> shortcut combinations in lubuntu/openbox.

So, i'd prefer to have the right Apple/Window/Super_R key to work as 3rd level chooser.

'xmodmap' actually says:

----
shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x69)
mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Meta_L (0xcd)
mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4 Super_L (0x85), Super_R (0x86), Super_L (0xce), Hyper_L (0xcf)
mod5        ISO_Level3_Shift (0x5c),  Mode_switch (0xcb)
----

Btw, which key or what is mod5?

Thanks a lot in advance for your patience!