On 09/01/2014 10:45 AM, fari...@arcor.de wrote:
lubuntu-users-requ...@lists.ubuntu.com schrieb:

Hi,

The reason I am sending this email to this list is because the idea of
ToriOS Project was born right from this place :)
Without going into the history of the project, I'd like to share the
latest news:

ToriOS Alpha is here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2200017&page=3&p=13111632#post13111632

I do remember that some people here were so interested but can't
remember who so I am sending to the list :)

For those who wish to know more about ToriOS, you may wish to visit our
website, join our mailing list or our IRC Channel.

For those curious of you who can't wait and wish to find out how ToriOS
was born from this place, there are some posts on my blog about that:

http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/

Long story short, once upon a time, I suggested to have a Mini Lubuntu
but Lubuntu Community rejected the idea somehow. Now, the idea is real
and it is even much more better than what I had in mind. It is NO more
Mini Lubuntu, it is called ToriOS :)

Hi,

Does it exist as ppc? I looked into the site but i did not find anything
related ...

Currently, we only have 32-bit.
As with most of FOSS Projects, the lack of manpower is the main reason why this is not a full option project :) nothing is prefect and we have had defeated lots of challenges. Our developers got busy with real life and Israel had to take the burden of learning development and help.

So, you see, having a PPC image at the moment is kind of an overkill. But who knows? maybe in the future if we get more help from other people, we might go for it as Israel himself has - AFAIK - a PPC :)

TIA

Thank you for your interest :)

--
Ali/amjjawad