On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 17:12:31 +0100
<emnin...@riseup.net> wrote:

> cards (i think intel (?)). Eventually, it's easy to change in a
My intel integrated graphics has hdmi on both my laptop and desktop and seem to
work perfectly out of the box.

With Lubuntu I would tend to want an ssd before I got a discrete graphics card
for at least what I use it for. I t also depends on the price range. I also
would at least want a computer with sata as hard drives fail and periphral ata
drives are getting harder and harder to find.

Since you are in the us I did find this site useful http://pcpartpicker.com/

I have a sample build of something that would be similar and cost less than the
macpros used probably with entirely new hardware but it would have some
limitations but allow you to add up to 3 3.5 inch hard disks and three more 2.5
inch hard disk or ssd and a 5 and quarter inch drive while having a motherboard
I am actively running the the development release of lubuntu on and testing it
and using the same integrated graphics and having an ssd I also have tested and
works on linux. It does only have 2 16x pcie slots and 2 pci slots though.

I don't personally use hackintosh and don't have any plans to so I don't know
if it will work. With building your own with this motherboard while it is uefi
secure boot is not turned on by default and you can just install a 64 bit
version of lubuntu right out of the box after you put it together.

--
Brendan Perrine <walteror...@gmail.com>