As someone else mentioned, Kexi does look promising for your needs.  I am
not familiar with it, but it looks to be an open source alternative to
Microsoft Access, and they have had recent releases so looks maintained.
It's also in the Ubuntu repos

http://kexi-project.org/about.html

Installing on Ubuntu (apt-get update; apt-get install kexi)
http://askubuntu.com/questions/303218/alternative-to-libreoffice-base-for-ubuntu/303289#303289

Unfortunately the downside is it looks like if you're not using KDE, it
will need a lot of extra pkgs. On my Ubuntu MATE system, doing an 'apt-get
install kexi' reports needing 202 pkgs and 411MB of space. Lighter than the
entire LibreOffice suite, but seems slightly heavy for a simple database
tool..

- Josh