On 04/18/2016 06:49 PM, Fran Acuña Parra wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm new at Linux. I'm trying to install Lubuntu in a Intel Core 2 Duo PC from 2007. I have downloaded the ISO file and made a booteable USB with YUMI or Universal USB Installer. The thing is that once I restart the PC from USB and the Lubuntu menu appears, no matters if you try to install Lubuntu permanently or just prove it without install it, the screen display this (see the attached file).

Which could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fran Acuña Parra,

I have never used YUMI*
*but**their website says this:
*Important Note:* YUMI was intended to be used to try to run various "LIVE Linux" Operating Systems from USB. *Installing Linux from the YUMI created USB Drive to a Hard Drive is not officially supported. If the installer portion of any Live Linux distro does work, consider it a bonus.*

So, if you are using Windows, please check here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

Of course it might be an issue with the ISO, did you verify your file after downloading it?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
That would be the first thing to check.
<http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows>
And the final guess I have would be to check what type of graphics card you are using, you may need to do something special

--
Regards