Hi Phill,

*Xenial 32-bit tarball*

I made a minimal portable text screen system from the Ubuntu Xenial 32-bit mini.iso. This system is very small, and it is not affected too much by the current bugs. I hope to make a corresponding system from the 64-bit mini.iso in the near future, (before I make Lubuntu specific tarballs).

The tarball

Xenial-32-txt.tar.xz   # user: guru, password: changeme

is uploaded to your website

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/OBI/trusty/tarballs/

and it can be installed easily with the current One Button Installer,

dd_blank-obi_7.8GB_32_LubuntuTrusty.img.xz

There are menu options in the installed minimal text screen system to make it is easy to build one of the desktop flavours: Lubuntu Core, standard Lubuntu and also the other main Ubuntu flavours plus a really light-weight system with Fluxbox. See the following links

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OBI

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OBI/Xenial-32-txt

When used months later, new (and debugged) program packages will be installed. I hope and think that this tarball will be useful for a long time.

Best regards
Nio