@Peter:

OK, thanks for the "archive" data--found it.  I believe I have the
"radeon.agpmode" part of it in my Yaboot.conf . . . but, the "ro resume"
aspect I haven't heard of, until now.  The "sda4" is to designate the
"home/ext4" partition?? that would be the partition that would "resume"
after hibernation?  ***Possibly*** the Powermac, which right now doesn't
need a Yaboot.conf file, could "hibernate"?  according to the old email
with Israel it seemed like in 12.04 it "passed" the hibernation test, but
not the "suspend" test.  In my iBook I have a Yaboot.conf file and could be
easy to add the "ro resume xxxx" stuff for testing of Lubuntu 16 PPC
performance . . . .

"

My yaboot.conf have parameters video=ofonly radeon.agpmode=-1 ro
resume=/dev/sda4 and i'm running it fine."

Happy to answer questions . . . if they are "relevant" . . . but, the
question "Do you ever have Linux?"  is not clear in English.  I have had
numerous installs of linux in a number of different computers; 3 of them
PPC, and 1 Intel Apple . . . .