This is just an initial message to get your message on the list (instead of gmail spam folder) Thanks for the output I will look later on when I have time, and hopefully others will get a chance to look before I do :D

In regards to your previous e-mail, gedit is actually supposed to look that bad. install pluma to get the 'correct' gedit again. The new gedit uses the new gnome layouts (which are harder to use, and harder to find things in though it might work better in gnome I suppose), pluma is a fork of gedit which does not do these things.