Hi one quick correction below,

On 07/18/2016 01:45 AM, Eric Bradshaw wrote:

DRM-protected services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) will often need HAL; the Hardware Abstraction Layer.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mjblenner/ppa-hal -y
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install hal libhal1 -y

Netflix and Amazon (not sure about Hulu, I haven't tried it)
Use HTML5 now with DRM, the only thing that will work on a 32bit computer is the OLD (non secure) Google Chrome (please disable the built in PDF reader, as there is a HUGE security vulnerability that is extremely dangerous) really you should use 64bit Google Chrome, but this is Lubuntu and most of us use a 32bit computer.

I have tried using the widevine plugins in chromium to no avail in my testing. I might try out Opera at some point just to try it, but it is another proprietary browser like Chrome.

On 64bit, you can simply take the widevine shared object library files and use them in other Webkit browsers (Vivaldi works from what I hear and I have used them in Chromium on Arch Linux successfully, possibly Opera will work as well)
Eric

--
Thank You,
God Bless You,