Hi,
It is really pretty easy to be honest.
if you want to test a parameter just run
synclient [PARAMETER]

I have a little GUI program for doing it, and I will send it your way.

On 07/23/2016 05:09 PM, scrooya...@riseup.net wrote:
@Israel,

xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" | grep Capabilities
    Synaptics Capabilities (320):    1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
https://paste.ubuntu.com/20652740/

So.. can i temporary set up a new user 'testuser' and do some tests there without affecting my main user config
how do i make sure that my tests only affect the testuser account?

is it just a matter of putting that config in the /home of that user and make my changes there??

:-) synclient shows me that i'm getting closer.

synclient -l
Parameter settings:
    LeftEdge                = 1759
    RightEdge               = 5287
    TopEdge                 = 1640
    BottomEdge              = 4494
    FingerLow               = 25
    FingerHigh              = 30
    MaxTapTime              = 180
    MaxTapMove              = 232
    MaxDoubleTapTime        = 100
    SingleTapTimeout        = 180
    ClickTime               = 100
    EmulateMidButtonTime    = 75
    EmulateTwoFingerMinZ    = 282
    EmulateTwoFingerMinW    = 7
    VertScrollDelta         = 105
    HorizScrollDelta        = 105
    VertEdgeScroll          = 1
    HorizEdgeScroll         = 0
    CornerCoasting          = 0
    VertTwoFingerScroll     = 1
    HorizTwoFingerScroll    = 0
    MinSpeed                = 1
    MaxSpeed                = 1.75
    AccelFactor             = 0.0379147
    UpDownScrolling         = 1
    LeftRightScrolling      = 1
    UpDownScrollRepeat      = 1
    LeftRightScrollRepeat   = 1
    ScrollButtonRepeat      = 100
    TouchpadOff             = 0
    LockedDrags             = 0
    LockedDragTimeout       = 5000
    RTCornerButton          = 2
    RBCornerButton          = 3
    LTCornerButton          = 0
    LBCornerButton          = 0
    TapButton1              = 1
    TapButton2              = 3
    TapButton3              = 0
    ClickFinger1            = 1
    ClickFinger2            = 1
    ClickFinger3            = 0
    CircularScrolling       = 0
    CircScrollDelta         = 0.1
    CircScrollTrigger       = 0
    CircularPad             = 0
    PalmDetect              = 0
    PalmMinWidth            = 10
    PalmMinZ                = 200
    CoastingSpeed           = 20
    CoastingFriction        = 50
    PressureMotionMinZ      = 30
    PressureMotionMaxZ      = 160
    PressureMotionMinFactor = 1
    PressureMotionMaxFactor = 1
    ResolutionDetect        = 1
    GrabEventDevice         = 0
    TapAndDragGesture       = 1
    AreaLeftEdge            = 0
    AreaRightEdge           = 0
    AreaTopEdge             = 0
    AreaBottomEdge          = 0
    HorizHysteresis         = 26
    VertHysteresis          = 26
    ClickPad                = 0

looks like i need to find the correct config for these settings.

    CircularScrolling       = 0
    CircScrollDelta         = 0.1
    CircScrollTrigger       = 0
    CircularPad             = 0

Scrolling could also be nice as 'scrub-wheel' for audio sequensers, and video editors
CircularPad could be interesting for panning over an image in gimp

Can't beleive that nobody has explored this any deeper yet.

Thanks a bunch, i'm still a bit nervous about screwing this up.

i'll play with this tomorrow, and hope the CPU doesn't cook my leg.

For now i just like to see this scrollpad working, and would be cool if this would be working for ever Ubuntu user with this type of laptop. (All Lifebook S series)

I'll read this post again tomorrow, my brain is a bit fried at the moment. It looks like this should be simple but this evening the penny doesn't seem to drop. It could be a sunstitch...