On 07/31/2016 03:58 PM, Felipe M. Vieira wrote:
the problem persists. Sometimes when I switch applications the keyboard
configuration changes. I only have one keyboard layout installed.

Using IBUS Preferences and disabling the keyboard shortcut to change layouts
(despite I only have one) makes no difference. Enabling the keyboard layout
handler on my taskbar has no effect neither.

Any other thoughts?

I have no further ideas, at present.

Perhaps applications make unwarranted assumptions on the keyboard layout to use, or perhaps set it to their own liking.

I have had many cases, where (though the installed keyboard layout is dvorak), when in an unusual situation (such as recovering in terminal mode from an unexpected error), the terminal-mode software would assume (and enforce) a qwerty layout.

--
Sincerely,
Aere