Hi,
So, as I understand it you are saying that all the other _Ubuntu 16.04 flavors work just fine_, but _Lubuntu does not_.

In my experience VirtualBox is not a very good judge of whether something 'works' or not, but that aside this is indeed a real problem.

I do not think your point got through very well on this list because of the way you stated it.
"THIS IS A BAD ADVERT FOR LUBUNTU"
Sounds hostile in an e-mail, when you may really have meant it to be something that was meant to be more like an alarm.

This is important to focus on and fix!

Feel free to dive in and help!
Thanks for testing this, could you test the LiveCD on real hardware as well, to see if it effects the actual computer, or if it is a VirtualBox glitch, this will help people to determine the root of your issue more clearly. It does seem to be an Xorg issue

Thanks again for your input,
but do try to explain your issue a bit differently next time so people will not feel that you are 'trolling' or 'attacking' them when you are, in reality, *VERY* concerned for the initial user experience.