I have an Lenovo keyboard,  ctrl-alt are in the bottom left,  fn key
is in the top right and then there is f1-f12,

lets just say it is interesting doing ctrl-alt-f1,  it is doable just
need to use the right fingers.

paul

On 15/08/16 12:46, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> Hi Marlon,
>
> On 15 August 2016 at 11:04, Marlon Ng <guik...@gmail.com
> <mailto:guik...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Anyway, the problem is that when I log back in, the mouse pointer
> becomes invisible; it's still there, but I just can't see it.  I
> know this because when I attempt to move the mouse pointer towards
> the panel, the objects light up, for instance when I move the
> mouse pointer over the objects in the Application Launch Bar.  The
> problem is that the pointer is invisible.
>
> This is a pet peeve of mine.
>
> There is a work around - when the mouse pointer disappears, press
> the CTRL ALT F1 keys altogether. This should take you to a black
> and white text screen. Then press CTRL ALT F7 keys altogether. This
> should take you back to your main screen and your mouse pointer
> should now be visible.
>
> A friend of mine has a strange keyboard - he has to press FN LOCK
> first before this approach will work.
>
> BW,
>

> Ian
>
> -- -- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org
> -- My writing - https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/ -- Free
> Software page -
> https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software

- --
http://www.zleap.net
diaspora : zl...@joindiaspora.com
sign up at : https://joindiaspora.com/i/29e3c17d2ef2
Torbay Tech Jam http://torbaytechjam.org.uk
Software freedom day 17th September 2016