On 08/25/2016 01:47 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2016-08-25 kl. 20:40, skrev Israel:
On 08/25/2016 09:14 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Hi Simon,

I see that you are testing now.

I tested the i386 iso file, and failed to get wired internet (ethernet).

Hi everybody,

If you know a bit more about networking, please suggest which package
should be addressed in the bug report (if another package than
debian-installer). We would also be happy to get tips about a workaround.

Hi Nio,
A couple of things to do would be to check journalctl
journalctl -f
This will follow the most recent issues.. and most likely give you more
info about network-manager since it seems to fail.
journalctl -k
will give you a 'dmesg' kind of output about all the kernel stuff, which
might be helpful.

Another thing to try is
pkill nm-applet
nm-applet
And see if there are any errors.
Often there are a bunch of garbage errors in stripped down systems, or
gtk errors that don't mean much... but there could be something important.

Something else important could be the permissions of:
/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

Other possible areas to check:
gnome policykit
consolekit
apparmor

Another major thing would be to check
/etc/network/interfaces
basically ALL that should be there is:
# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

you only want the loopback interface handled this way... nothing like
wlpNsN
enpNsN
where N is a number.
This is the new systemd naming scheme for the old
ethN
wlanN
devices.

running:
ifconfig
should show you some possibly useful info as well.

There are quite a few possibilities for what *could* be wrong with this.

Also, making sure network-manager-gnome is installed with all the
recommends might help....

These are the first initial things that come to mind, that I have dealt
with in other pursuits :)
I would troubleshoot this myself, but as you know there are other things
I currently need to attend to.

Thanks Israel,

There is a new Lubuntu Yakkety Alternate in the pipeline with some fixes in the debian installer. We'll see if it helps. Thanks again for the detailed list of tips where to look for network bugs :-)

Best regards
Nio

No problem Nio :D

--