On 09/02/2016 02:13 PM, Barry Titterton wrote:
On 02/09/16 13:08, Liam Proven wrote:
On 2 September 2016 at 13:57, Marlon Ng <guik...@gmail.com> wrote:
As stated above, network printing is possible.  But I get this error when
running "Simple Scan":

Printing and scanning are 2 totally different functions.

The computers do not "know" that the fact that they are done by the same device.

So having printing working is 100% unconnected with scanning.

I don't know any way to do what you ask. It might be possible, but I
know of no way except expensive enterprise network scanners.

I think that it depends upon the driver software that is bundled with
the device. I have a Brother MFD that claims to be able to scan over
wifi. I haven't bothered to check this as I don't see the point: You
need to be sitting at the scanner if you want to scan a set documents so
I only use the USB connection.

Cheers,

Barry T

Hi Barry,
It is useful if you need to scan things, and do work on them when the kids are asleep and the printer/scanner is in the living room.
I have used it on a few occasions.
It is also nice not to have to plug a cord in, you just turn on the printer, then scan. There are 'few' times it is needed, mostly it is nice to not need to plug in a cord just to scan.

--
Regards