Would be nice to know Canonical's thoughts on-cheap-as chips Chinese goodies.

I expect a few bumps with this hardware, but maybe it will surprise me.

So if anyone has any experience with this please let me know,.

On 2016-12-01 00:40, Mark F wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 3:34 PM, <scrooya...@riseup.net> wrote:

And in China you can get a Brandnew quadcore (without an enclosure) for
less then 20 Euro.

Three of the five times I bought something from AliExpress it was falsely
advertised (didn't receive what was specified). Even worse, AliExpress
seems to condone/protect this. The dispute process is a joke, offering 10 cents on the dollar refund (or, pay the postage to return the item which you wouldn't have purchased if it had been accurately advertised). If you don't take the token apology, AliExpress resolves the dispute entirely in
the seller's favor.

One of the most crooked places I've ever encountered. (Not all sellers are.
But, a large percent are, and AliExpress seems to protect them.).

So.... what you see and what you receive may be two entirely different
things. I wouldn't get too excited until you (or someone you trust)
receives it.

Good luck. (Maybe my experience isn't representative. But, what I
encountered was *shameless* deceit.).