Den 2017-01-08 kl. 06:12, skrev Tony K.:
I've recently moved to a new computer build (Intel NUC) loaded with
Lubuntu 16.04.  I have previously been running Lubuntu on older
hardware, but didn't have the following problem until the new build.

In my crontab, I have various audio alarms set to be played at specific
times during the day as reminders. I'm having a problem with the
commands appear to be delayed if other programs are playing other audio
apps. Is there a setting that I can change so that the cron set audio
commands will play on time and not be delayed?

Hi Tony,

I suggest that you install pulseaudio and pavucontrol into your Lubuntu and try if it helps. You can also check that the computer is not swapping heavily, and if necessary give those processes (crontab and what it calls) lower nice values (negative if necessary).

Best regards
Nio