top posting, for clarity and relaxation . . . .

I am reminded of the trials and tribulations of "PPC" by this thread, we
tried to keep what was/is functioning hardware viable by using software
that was "lighter" and "lighter" . . . the problem with "technology" is
that it's "like a shark, it has to move 'forward' or die . . ." . . . and
hardware generally isn't able to "move forward" beyond a certain dollar
driven point, i.e., it's cheaper to buy new than to keep upgrading the
"old."

And, so people and the devs, move on to other things.  Just like the
motorola cpu driving PPC units, "pentium 3" is now or soon to be, "not
supported" by the software in all likelihood, even Lu probably isn't
considering that cpu as being "viable" . . . and, also as I discovered
watching two or three of my PPC machines slowly drop out of linux support
due to lack of cpu speed and RAM to meet the minimum specs . . . browsers
and/or the internet seem to "need" at least 2 GB of RAM to do all the many
tasks that the web demands . . . .  My iBook G4 running Lu 16.04 PPC with
933MHz cpu and 612 MB RAM is just "befuddled" by trying to get around in
any available browser--if all I wanted to do was word processing it would
be fine.  If, while doing such writing, I would want to "check my email"
using gmail via browser, that becomes a study in slo-mo frustration.

On the other hand, the recently deceased PowerMac with an upgraded cpu and
maxed out at 2GB RAM . . . could do a reasonable job as doing basic online
tasks--but, the hardware finally fizzled . . . which seems to be the other
problem with pushing old hardware . . . it breaks at some point.

I'd say that obviously you are enjoying keeping your "old" hardware going
by finding ways to do what newer tech does with ease . . . at some point
either Lu will "drop" support or drivers for Pentium3, or the 512MB RAM
will just not have the juice to do anything . . . and, the machines will
just have one function--your music endeavors . . . until the "end of its
days" and the mobo wheezes it's last sound byte . . . .  : - 0

Sayonara PPC, we hardly knew ye . . . .