HH:

Thanks for the reply and suggestion . . . w/o knowing about backintime, the
problem with apple's time machine is that it doesn't make a bootable
"clone" . . . it just backs up files from an install . . . but to move the
files back there has to be an installed system . . . .  The bootable clone
moves everything needed to boot the system into a fresh partition . . .
ready to boot . . . .