Also posting from above:

Not sure why these posts from 2016 came out in recent digest, but I would
support Nio & Aere's request for continuing to support i386 development, in
comparison to PPC, where it might be said that there aren't that many
machines, I would assume that there are quite a few extant PC's that are
still being used . . . around the world, and so having access to a
supported OS should be "viable" and therefore, helpful . . . .