On 09/15/2017 05:05 PM, Mark F wrote:
> I was playing with this a little more.
>
> If I do
>
>     amixer -q sset Master mute
>

> and
>
>     amixer -q sset Speaker unmute
>

> It works! (mute the "Speaker" device, and unmute the "Master" device
> works too.). I can't mute/unmute the same device.
>
> It wouldn't be too hard to write a shell script to determine the
> current state, and either mute the master, or unmute the Speaker.
> (With more work you could find all the available devices[1] and unmute
> each one. Someone may already have this.).
>
> You could change the keybinding (in the lubuntu-rc.xml file mentioned
> in my previous email) to execute your script instead of the amixer
> command.
>
> I wrote something like that to toggle the mousepad. It's not too
> complicated.

I have a script to do this

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~torios-dev/torios/trunk/view/head:/usr/bin/amixer-toggle

It checks for a lot of things.  basically download the raw file, then:

chmod +x amixer-toggle

sudo cp amixer-toggle /usr/bin

Change the keybinding for XF86AudioMute defined in
~/.config/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml

amixer-toggle

This script also will work if you have pulseaudio installed using the
pulseaudio command line tools

I have a few other scripts as well if you need

--
Regards