On 11/09/2017 07:03 PM, O Vagabundo wrote:
I need help in updating lubuntu today but when I try to open any browser the system hangs

O Vagabundo:

Does the system hang (can't move mouse pointer, or do other things), or does the browser crash, and appear to hang as the crash-reporter takes a long time (and system resources) to gather information about the crash?

Are you updating to (or installing) 17.10?

On 17.10 (as it was on 17.04), if you have a Pentium-3 machine, it will update to the new level just fine, and you can do other things, but every time you try to run an Internet browser (any Internet browser), the browser will crash.

--
Sincerely,
Aere