On 01/25/2018 12:26 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> [Please note that I tried to send this message with the requested
> files attached but a moderator of this newsgroup sent back a message
> saying moderaters had to review the message ... but that it is
> probably considered too big (too much data) and will probably not be
> posted
>
> Considering that information I am reposting the message but have
> made the files available at:
>
>   zeus.jtan.com/~reader/vutxt/disp.cgi
>
> Three files will be displayed on one web page.
>
> The filenames will indicate the content:
>
>   lubuntu-users-xsession-errors.txt
>   lubuntu-users-xsession-errors.old.txt
>   All-installed-with-version.txt
>
> The data is separated by Filename, but some of it is pretty long.]
Hi,
I got the files from the list, so they are present
I looked through things and am not entirely sure what is causing it.
There is a lot there, so there may be something obvious I missed.
The only clue I see right off is that dbus is having some issues with
something (light locker for one), but I do not see why that would
corrupt your session.

So, my basic thought is that your config is wrong, OR you are choosing
some sort of session which is missing things.  Are you logging into the
'Openbox' only session?  Or are you logging into the Lubuntu Desktop
(not the LXQt desktop either)?
If you accidentally switched to the openbox session it could describe
why you have these issues pretty well, since it is likely unconfigured
for a standalone usage.

--
Regards