I often receive these messages during shutdown:
"A stop job is running for Session C2 of user ... ((1 min 30 sec)"

@RB:

Are you multi-booting?  I get this same message on the linux systems that
are not the last installed--it seems to have something to do with the fact
that the last fresh install "takes" the swap partition and changes the UUID
numbers, leaving the other installs "lost" as far as their swap UUID
numbers goes.  The last fresh install should boot normally?  The UUID
numbers would have to be changed in "/etc/fstab" according to one post in
reply to my question about it on another forum . . . ????