On 2018-10-16 12:03, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> So, as mentioned, just for kicks I upgraded Lu Next 18.04 to 18.10,

…keeping in mind that Lubuntu Next was an experiment that never saw an
official release…

You did see the [instructions][1] (in process) to upgrade, right? Did
you do something different?

> I couldn't find out whether there is a difference between Lu Next 18.10 & Lu
> 18.10

If we interpret "Lu Next" to mean "Lubuntu with the LXQt desktop" and
"Lu" to mean "Lubuntu with the LXDE desktop," for 18.10, there is only
Lubuntu with the LXQt desktop. We will not see LXDE again.

Why did you report these bugs against the Ubiquity slideshow? We don't
use the Ubiquity installer and it seems that what you're describing
relates to the installed system, no? Furthermore, if you're upgrading,
you're probably not even using the installer, right?

Also, I would suggest using `ubuntu-bug` to report bugs rather than just
sort of filing randomly. If you pick the right package/process, it will
pull in additional information that will help bug triagers.

> toolbar panel

You do mean the panel, right? lxqt-panel?

> the toolbar
> "launches" in the middle of the display and then "jumps" through time
> and space to the appointed "top" position.

Can't reproduce this with a fresh install and lxqt-panel.

> Bug report # 1798176

Can you reproduce this in a fresh install?

[1]: https://manual.lubuntu.me/D/upgrading.html
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D