You can find the full release announcement here:
https://lubuntu.me/cosmic-released

Please also take a look at the release video made by Michael from
TuxDigital:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgcsTQGvwU

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has participated in these
mailing lists over this past cycle, whether it's helping other people,
reporting problems for us to solve, or discussing issues in general, you
all are very much appreciated. :)

If anyone is lurking and wanting to get more involved with the project,
now's your time to reach out. At the start of the 19.04 cycle we're
going to have a lot to do, and not just in terms of technical tasks, but
the Lubuntu Manual needs some more work as well as other non-technical
tasks. Feel free to send me an email with what you would like to help
with, and we can find a place for you. That's what at least seven people
(listed on the release announcement) did throughout the cycle, and we
found a place for them where every single one of them has made an
incredible impact on the project. It could be you, seriously!

Until the 19.04 codename is announced, I would encourage Lubuntu
contributors to take a short break if there's nothing to help with with
respect to 18.10. I'll personally be taking a short break from directly
contributing until the codename is announced, with the exception of
packages that need to be uploaded.

Thanks again, and have a good night.

--
Simon Quigley