> >> Nope, it was always Sylpheed.
> > The potential problem, is that if it won't run on Lubuntu
>
> Not a problem at all. Any package in the repositories should work just
> fine. The only problem with Thunderbird (and any other GTK app) is that
> it's likely to bring a bunch of libraries along with it.
>
> > Do snap package installations work on Lubuntu?
>
> The important thing to remember here is the sentiment behind the
> statement above: Lubuntu *IS* Ubuntu. Ubuntu, ultimately, is the
> software in the repositories. The thing that makes the canonical (here
> the lowercase is intentional) Ubuntu OS what it is is a particular
> selection of packages. This is also true with Lubuntu and every other
> flavor of Ubuntu. But they all have the repositories in common.
>

> @AG:

Just to add the comment . . . I had a fresh install of Lu Next **highly
experimental OS** 18.04 installed, and then went against the suggested
method of doing a fresh upgrade for Lu 18.10, and **experimentally**
upgraded the unsupported 18.04 via console update/upgrade to what is now an
**unrecommended** Lu 18.10 system . . . and somewhere in there Thunderbird
Mail has appeared and is functioning perfectly well . . . .  As Walter
mentions that may have added "bloat" into the libraries of my install . . .
nothing wrong with Sylpheed, but, I just like TB . . . .