Hi everyone,

> I'm a long time Lubuntu user and I have been facing audio issues from
> a `dist-upgrade` from 16.04 to 18.04. I have detailed the question there:
>
> From:
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1158648/audio-stuttering-crackling-in-ubuntu-18-04
>
> For convenience:
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>
> The audio is stuttering/crackling whenever played in external
> speakers/headphone or the laptop's speaker.
>

> @Felipe:

Unfortunately I can't help you, because I know nothing about "sound" in
linux.  But, you have made a detailed post, however, the machine you are
trying to get sound in . . . doesn't seem to be mentioned here??  I didn't
click on any links . . . .

We do have a few people who do know about "sound" here and perhaps they
will reply to your question??

The only suggestion I would try is that since Lu is under heavy
development, it might behoove you to move forward to 19.04??  I'm running
19.10 development and overall it is "good" . . . but I did have some
"dependency" issues with an nvidia driver that broke the GUI recently, so I
wouldn't say to jump up to that, but 19.04 is very good and **might**
address or fix your issues??