Chris G:

So I booted the persistent live flash drive with Lu 19.10 installed I think
from a daily from 8/19/19 . . . on the same MacPro with the same apple
keyboard . . . and there I could get a tty to show up . . . I do have to
use fn+cntrl+alt + I used your f4 . . . but then couldn't log in to the tty
session, couldn't think of my user name that I might have made or didn't
make for it, as I only made it to test something for wxl . . . and then I
couldn't get the shell to return to the GUI . . . had to hit the power
button to get out of it . . . .