Hi,

When I boot from installation media, Lubuntu appears with a screen
resolution of 1280 x 1024 and a Refresh rate of 0.00. Other resolutions
(1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480) are available.

When I boot from hard drive which was set up from the aforementioned
installation media, Lubuntu appears with a screen resolution of 640 x 480
and a Refresh rate of 73.00. Other resolutions are not available.

I would like to increase the resolution. I've tried going into Preferences
-> Monitor Settings but only a resolution of 640 x 480 is available.

Other details:
Elonex ProSentia Tower PC.
AMD Athlon XP3000+ 2.17GHz
RAM: 2GiB, some shared with graphics
ASUSTek motherboard with onboard graphics
VGA Controller: SiS 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx/ PCIe VGADisplay
Adapter
Graphics kernel module: sis_agp

Any ideas? I can provide more details on request.

TIA,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software