Nio Wiklund <wiklund.o...@gmail.com>
writes:
> Sorry if I misunderstand the problem that you describe. Please explain.
>
> The size of the partitions in a live system (when booted from an iso
> file) and the size of the corresponding partition in the installed
> system are rather independent of each other. The size in the installed
> system depends mainly on what drive space is available (or what you
> decide to allocate). This should be the case in a virtual machine as
> well as on bare metal (directly in a computer).

Thanks for your reply.

Here I'm attempting to clarify what I'm after as requested.

Probably going at this all wrong but:

When installing from 19.10 and many other iso disks.  I want to
install a number of packages to the install media in preparation for
installing OS.  The size of things once onto an OS are not a concern
here.

The amount of space inside the live media seems to be quite
limited.... I'm not sure what that size actually is but it does not
really tell the true tale when `df -h' is called.  At any rate I run
out of space to install tools on the install media. (Prior to
installing an OS to disk)

So briefly put, I want to install an untoward amount of software onto
the install media before ever getting to installing anything to disk.

Probably much more than is reasonable but disregarding what is
reasonable or not, how can I rework the iso so that I do not run out
of room inside the live media.