AG:

Is that "bottom v top" posting really a thing?  I didn't know that . . .
well anyway, I'm sure your process was done properly, I was just joshing
you about being "wrong" . . . because it would be so unlikely, etc.  I'm
sure you noticed that I logged in and out of the three DE options and found
"chromium" in the menu . . . we can only "hope and pray" that yours shows
up?

Only other top posted offering, I mentioned synaptic because I think there
are a few different versions of "chrome" out there, and it might have been
that synaptic showed "chromium-browser" as the package in the repos??  but
I believe that whatever it was I picked that . . . whereas I think in my
other distros I might have used "apt install chromium" . . . ???

But, again, I had not previously logged into the LXDE session before your
post, so it was pre-loaded or pre-preferred . . . and chromium was there in
the menu . . . .

Trying to provide relevant data . . . I think I was running 20.04 since it
was alpha . . . really not too many issues, it's a fine release.