Always interesting to see how OPs seem to disappear on ubuntu forums, and
it winds up RPs discussing the topic . . . .

So, booted up in Lu 20.10 and checking the sessions I now have "Lubuntu"
which seems to be thenewer, richer looking, possibly "Plasma" based GUI DE;
and "LXQT Desktop" which seems to be more of the basic GUI DE; and then ye
olde Openbox . . . minimalistic DE . . . .

So I don't know if I had "lxde" only a few weeks back, and then moving up
to "groovy" removed it, OR, that was an imaginary "fabrication" on my part
and what I saw as "lxde" was the "lxqt desktop" option . . . that option
seems similar to what was the traditional "lxde" . . . DE . . . maybe it
has just been "renamed" as the easy way to change the DE, but under the
name it is still . . . the same??  I didn't spend too long looking at the
features offered in lxqt desktop session . . . but, just saying that
especially in linux, "change is inevitable" . . . the clock runs forward .
. . .