On 11/14/2022 11:16 AM, Ben Coleman wrote:

while booting, it halts in the 'Powered by lubuntu' screen where the penguin medallion should have a rotating light.  There is no rotating light and it seems to have stopped at the Southeast portion of the medallion.

One additional weirdness on this. I did the VirtualBox 'Send the shutdown signal' function and noticed that the bright part of the medallion advanced. Hit it again, and the bright part advanced again. Did it several times, and finally, instead of shutting down, the rotating light effect restarted, and the boot-up process completed. So this appears to be a workaround, but I'm not sure what causes it.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman olo...@benshome.net | For the wise man, doing right trumps
http://oloryn.benshome.net/     | looking right.  For the fool, looking