Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 18:03 Europe/Rome, Eric Isakson wrote:

Hope it works like I planned it to :-) If you have any performance metrics, I'd be interested to see how much it affects your search performance.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Giulio Cesare Solaroli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 10:59 AM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Re: Problem with long run IndexSearcher

Eric,

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 16:52 Europe/Rome, Eric Isakson wrote:

I was just reading Karsten's note, I'm not sure what impact my
strategy will have if your application pages through hit results over
a period of time...might not work at all (or perhaps inconsistently).
The application I use recalculates search  results for each page as I
page through hits rather than trying to hold onto the results from
page to page. If the reader changed to an index that resulted in
different hits it would seem inconsistent. You would only notice the
inconsistency if you happened to be paging around while my reader was
being refreshed :(

At the moment we re-run the query to page through a large result set. This could cause some inconsistency in the results, but the problem is really marginal in our environment.

Hmph, guess I didn't really solve the problem with this new class, but
it is a start on a solution and I'd be happy to keep working.

For us it could be a definite solution, even if I think that a more elegant solution could give Lucene a final boost in becoming the ultimate solution for searching!! ;-]

Giulio Cesare