Korfut,

I don't have the time to spend more time on this, but one thing is
confusing me here.  Mark provided a set of several classes that are
supposed to make hit highlighting possible.  I have not tested them,
but for certain reasons I believe the code works as advertized.

Why does that code not work for you, that you need additional changes
to core Lucene to do hit highlighting?

Thanks,
Otis