On Monday 30 August 2004 18:34, Doug Cutting wrote:

> If they're confusing and have a less-confusing alternative then we
> should eventually remove them from the API, so we should deprecate them
> now. ÂWe should move entirely to the new enumeration-based contructors.
> Â Everything else should be deprecated.

Okay, but the Field.Text that takes a Reader doesn't seem to be a pure
convenience method, it makes use of the Reader, doesn't it? So to keep
that feature we probably need another public constructor just like the
current one with parameters name, value, and with two resp. three
enumerations, but it needs to take a Reader instead of a String. Is that
correct?

Regards
 Daniel

--